When you join WHIBCO, INC, you will become part of one of the oldest mining companies in America. Our employees are our most valuable asset. They are dedicated and loyal and many have worked for us for over forty years.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the Mid-Atlantic area with industrial sand and construction aggregates that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in the Mid-Atlantic region.
email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Shift Foreman (Port Elizabeth, NJ)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a 3rd Shift Foreman, you will oversee the daily production of the mining operations. You will report directly to the plant superintendent and manage plant staff. You will assist management in developing strategic plans. In this role, you will accompany inspectors when conducting inspections. You will establish and enforce operation procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Scheduling work for crews, depending on work priorities, crew or equipment availability, or weather conditions
- Inspecting completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and requirements
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate work activities with those of other departments
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, work and Safety rules
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public
As a 3rd Shift Foreman, you must have 3 years of mining or equivalent experience with occupational hazards and safety precautions. We are looking for someone with plant supervisory education and/or experience.
Additional requirements include:
- High School Diploma; some college, preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills; MS office
- A clear background check
Pay: $50,000 to $60,000 per year
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, 401k profit sharing, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement and Vision insurance.
- WHIBCO OF NEW JERSEY, INC. is an equal opportunity employer