When you join WHIBCO, INC, you will become part of one of the oldest mining companies in America. Our employees are our most valuable asset. They are dedicated and loyal and many have worked for us for over forty years.
We offer excellent benefit and compensation packages. Our employee packages include major medical, life insurance, 401k retirement plan, disability, paid vacation days, paid personal days, paid sick days, holidays and tuition reimbursement.
Whibco seeks a qualified Plant Manager for our Port Elizabeth and Dorchester plants in Cumberland County, New Jersey. The Plant Manager’s position is responsible for leadership and management of all plant functions, such as mining, processing, shipments, quality control, general administration, together with health, safety and environmental compliance.
Whibco was founded in 1841, and is America’s first producer of sand for use in the metal casting industry. Whibco is privately-owned and operated, and is a regional leader in the industrial sand and construction materials industry. Whibco’s headquarters and the plant are located in beautiful Southern New Jersey; providing a reasonable cost of living, yet in close proximity to urban centers, the beach and recreational opportunities.
- Senior management of all plant functions, reporting directly to the Executive Vice President/COO.
- Directly manage a plant superintendent, foremen, office/customer service manager.
- Effectively oversee 30+ hourly, union employees.
- Custody and care of plant, equipment, and seven permitted mining sites.
- Maintain compliance with safety, health and environmental laws and programs.
- Meet or exceed plant budgets, goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; preferably mechanical, mine or process engineering. Prior
- Minimum of five years of plant management experience; preferably in industrial sand or minerals. Experience with sand dryers and dredging are a plus.
- Good communication and relational skills.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience in QC/QA, AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Reliability Centered Maintenance and computerized maintenance management systems a plus
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Precision Maintenance Techniques, Laser Alignment, and CBM Technologies a plus.
Download the job description (PDF)
Use the Form Below to Apply:
Performs the following duties:
• Weigh Master
• Customer Service
• Sand Testing
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Three (3) years of mining experience preferred
• Weight Master Certificate
• Sand Testing experience preferred.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
WHIBCO OF NEW JERSEY, INC. is an equal opportunity employer
Use the Form Below to Apply: